Thursday, September 17, 2009

Picture of the Day - September 17



Went back into my archives to find a favorite to post for the picture of the day.  This was shot a couple of years back using every bit of length I could get out of my lenses.  That meant my Sigma 100-400mm f/4-5.6 at 400mm plus a Sigma 1.4x extender while being shot on a Canon 40D with it's 1.6x crop factor.  This gives a 35mm equivalent length of 896mm.  Taken on a very clear and bright fall night at f/8, 1/350 sec using ISO 400 using a cable release and mirror lockup.  The RAW image was processed three times, once for the shadows, once for the mid-tones and lastly for the highlights and them combined in Photoshop CS3.

It's still one of my favorite images.

Enjoy!
Tom Laux
September 17, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment